Some other articles
- Show all articles ( 4 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 27 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 15 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 29 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 2 ) Collapse Articles
MT4 old version error represents an error that shows that the trader has an old version of the MetaTrader platform installed on a PC or phone application. This version is not compatible with MT4 servers anymore. In this case, the trader needs to update the current version of MT4 or MT5 software. There are two solutions. The first one is to download and install the new version from the broker’s website and the second solution is to run an automatic update of the MT4 platform.
Go to your broker website and find a section where you can download MT4 or MT5 platform. Then download the latest version and install it. Usually, the old version will be updated, but sometimes a new version will be installed if this version is too old.
To do so please follow the steps below:
- Open the Midas FX broker’s website.
- Navigate to the Trading Platform / MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5 section
- Click on the Download button
Go to the desktop icon of your MetaTrader platform. Make right-click on mouse and choose “Run as Administrator.”Usually, the Metatrader software will be updated to the newest version. Check is there any MT4 Common error or off quotes in MT4 error.
However, sometimes, very rare, the only solution is to install the new version in the new folder and to remove the old version from the computer.