Some other articles
- Show all articles ( 4 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 27 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 15 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 29 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 2 ) Collapse Articles
Example by using Gmail as the recipient’s email:
To get started have your Gmail email and password ready then do as follows in MT4:
- Click the “Tools” drop-down from the main menu and then click “Options”
- Select the “Email” tab and enter the following settings:
SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
SMTP login: <your email address>
SMTP Password: <your email password>
From: MT4 Alerts, (entering your email address to send from)
To: Recipient Name, (entering the email address to receive email)
- Click OK button and now MT4 is able to send you email when either Alerts are configured to send email or when an Expert Advisor attempts to send email.
Now that you have the email settings set up you will quickly go over how to use the basic Alerts functionality.
In the MT4 Terminal window there is a tab labelled “Alerts”, which if clicked will bring a list of all set Alerts. We can enter new Alerts by right clicking in this window and selecting the “Create” option. The Alert Editor dialog box will appear that will allow you to set email and other alert types to trigger when the market price of certain symbols breaches a defined price.