Some other articles
- Show all articles ( 4 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 27 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 15 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 29 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 2 ) Collapse Articles
Pip Value is used to calculate quickly how much your position P&L would change in case of certain price movements. It shows the position P&L change if the price goes up or down by 1 pip. To solve for the Pip Value, please use the formula below:
Pip Value = Position Volume x Counter Currency 1 pip
As a result, you get 1 pip value in terms of the counter currency.
Example: Position 1 lot of EURUSD. Pip Value = 100,000 x 0.0001 = 10 USD
However, it is more important to know the value denominated in your account currency.
Pip Value in Account Currency = Pip Value / Account Currency-Counter Currency Rate
Example: Position 1 lot of EURJPY. Account Currency: USD. USDJPY rate = 80.00.
Pip Value = 100,000 x 0.01 = 1,000 JPY. Pip Value in USD = 1,000 / 80.00 = 12.5 USD.