Some other articles
- Show all articles ( 4 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 27 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 15 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 29 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 2 ) Collapse Articles
When you buy an asset, you are going “long”. When you sell, you are going “short”.
Example: Sam buys stock, so he has opened a long position.
When you trade currencies, you buy one currency and simultaneously sell another currency. So you are going long for one currency and simultaneously opening a short position for another currency.
Example: When Sam buys EURUSD, Sam is going long for EUR and going short for USD.